Sunday, March 11, 2012

Triple Crown West #2: Bonelli Park


It’s been about two years since I had a clean XC race at Bonelli. On the last three outings I’ve had a punctured sidewall, a flat and chain issues so I simply wanted a clean race. It was clean, but it definitely wasn’t smooth. Last week I encountered obstacles, but rolled with them and made the best of it with the help of the team.  It was a rough ride to the XC podium this week. There was an absence of flow.  It’s not a complaint just an observation.

Go!


Representing the team

My Super D run on the other hand, was both clean and smooth.  The guys in my group and I started as the sun was setting and that made for some interesting riding given the shadows.  There was only three seconds between first and second place just like last week.  Every second counts! Speaking of seconds, it cost me 7 cents/second to race Super D and 1 cent/second for XC. Given the smiles post race at the awards, it's absolutely worth the extra 6 cents/second!!


 Awards in the dark for the Super D at dusk



 Another pair for the team


The team had a very good showing this week and we’re off to a good start in the US Cup Series. The Fontana City National is up next, but I think I’m going to opt for something from the asphalt underground: the Fargo Street Hill Climb or the Feel My Legs I’m a Racer event.

Thanks to Jason and the sponsors for making everything with the new team possible and to Lynda for continued excellent training workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment